How To Celebrate Mother’s Day in College Park, Maryland
Mother’s Day is fast approaching, and now is a great time to start planning a fun and relaxing day for the mothers in your life. There are so many amazing Mother’s Day activities to check out in College Park, Maryland and the surrounding area. Whether your mom is a foodie, an outdoor lover or just wants to relax at the spa, you’re sure to find plenty of fun things to do. Here’s how to celebrate Mother’s Day in College Park, as well as some of our top Mother’s Day gift ideas.
Mother’s Day Ideas in College Park, Maryland
If you’re not sure what to do for Mother’s Day this year, we’ve got you covered. Many local businesses host fun Mother’s Day activities and even have special holiday deals and sales. Here are our top Mother’s Day ideas to check out in the College Park area.
Enjoy a Mother’s Day Brunch
Kick off your Mother’s Day celebration with a delicious meal at one of College Park’s many delicious restaurants. This is a great opportunity to relax, socialize and show your mom just how much you love her.
- GrillMarX: Located in The Hotel at UMD, this casual yet upscale restaurant boasts hand-crafted cocktails hickory grilled hand-cut steaks and seafood, an extensive raw bar, and more. They even have a special Mother’s Day brunch planned!
- The Board and Brew: Not only is this a delicious spot for everything from avocado toast to ice cream sundaes, but it also has a massive board game library to explore.
- Busboys and Poets: This Washington, D.C. hotspot has a location in nearby Hyattsville. In addition to serving delicious brunch classics, this restaurant is also a bookstore that hosts fun community events, so it’s a great option for moms who love to read.
- Milk and Honey Cafe: This is a local brunch favorite that is known for its decadent menu inspired by classic Southern dishes.
- College Park Grill: This restaurant is a simple yet delicious choice, located just steps from the University of Maryland campus.
Spend Quality Time Outdoors
The weather is finally warming up, and Mother’s Day is the perfect time to enjoy some outdoor activities with your loved ones. There are several beautiful parks on and around the University of Maryland campus in College Park.
One popular outdoor attraction on campus is the serene Peace and Friendship Garden. The nearby Lake Artemesia Natural Area is another great place for a stroll and has a cozy butterfly garden overlooking the water.
If your family wants to do something more active for Mother’s Day, go for a long hike in Greenbelt Park, which has a large trail network. Alternatively, you can enjoy a round of golf at either the University of Maryland Golf Course or the Paint Branch Golf Complex.
Treat Mom to a Much-Deserved Spa Day
Every mom deserves to relax on her special day, and there are plenty of amazing spas in Maryland where you can do so. You can opt for something simple like a manicure or go all-out with a massage. Spa gift cards also make a great present, as they allow your mom to choose which treatments she would like.
The Spa at the Hotel at UMD is one of the top spas in Maryland. This spa offers rotating seasonal treatments as well as tried-and-true classics. Here you’ll find a variety of massages, scrubs and other body treatments as well as facials, waxes, haircare and nail care.
With a relaxing environment and highly professional staff, your mom is sure to have an ultra-relaxing time here. Be sure to check out our spa gift cards to treat your mom this Mother’s Day.
Take Mom to Lunch and Shopping
A day out on the town is always a great way to celebrate your mom. A great place to start your shopping adventure is the nearby Mall at Prince George’s, which has a wide selection of department stores and boutiques. This is also a great place to pick up some items from our Mother’s Day gift guide. There are also many locally owned shops along Baltimore Avenue in College Park and in nearby Hyattsville.
There are plenty of delicious restaurants for lunch in College Park that feature cuisines from around the world. Tasty choices in the area include Potomac Pizza, Taqueria Habanero, Latao Hotpot and Ritchie’s Colombian. Many of the previously-mentioned brunch spots are also great options for a nice lunch.
End the Day with a Mother’s Day Dinner
To finish off the day, take your mom out to a special dinner. This is a fun opportunity to dress up and enjoy some of the delicious food in the College Park area.
- GrillMarx Steakhouse & Raw Bar: Located in The Hotel at UMD, this sleek, upscale steakhouse is known for its delicious meat and seafood dishes as well as fun craft cocktails.
- Hanami Japanese: If your mom is a sushi lover, you won’t want to miss this local Japanese favorite. In addition to sushi, there’s a large menu of noodle dishes, katsu, hibachi and other classic dishes.
- Pennyroyal Station: This trendy restaurant is located in nearby Mt. Rainier and is known for its innovative New American menu, which includes some vegan dishes.
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
To make your mom’s day even more special, give her a gift she’s sure to appreciate. We’ve created a Mother’s Day gift guide full of items to make your mom smile.
- Personalized jewelry: Jewelry is a popular gift option for Mother’s Day, but why not make yours even more special with a personalized touch? There are many different ways to do this, ranging from birthstone jewelry to options engraved with a special name or phrase.
- Candles: Candles make an excellent gift because they are so cozy and relaxing. Opt for nostalgic scents that you know your mom will love. For example, if she enjoys spending time by the beach, a candle with a sea breeze scent is a great option.
- Movie night kit: Not only is this a great, affordable gift option, but it also gives you and your mom an excuse to spend time together. Put together a kit with everything you need for a fun movie night, including popcorn, candy, your mom’s favorite drinks, a cozy blanket, and of course, a fun feel-good movie.
- Spa gift card: Experiences make great gifts, and your mom deserves to treat herself to a full day away at the spa. To make this gift a little more personal, include some spa-themed items like sheet masks, hair care or body lotion along with the gift card. You could also book your mom the full experience with a hotel-spa special package.
- Weekend trip: If you have a bigger budget for your Mother’s Day gift, plan a weekend trip for you to enjoy together. There are so many great places near College Park, whether it’s taking a city break in Washington, D.C., enjoying the rich history in Annapolis or going hiking in nearby Shenandoah National Park.
Book Your Mother a Special Day in College Park, MD
Planning a fun Mother’s Day weekend in College Park? The Hotel at UMD has everything you need for an amazing stay. With multiple restaurants and a renowned spa on-site, this hotel has everything you need right on site. We even offer a special Mom’s Night Off package, as well as special spa and massage packages. Book your stay today!